Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to Create Your Book on Amazon for $99
04-19-2019, 07:30 PM
Big Grin How to Create Your Book on Amazon for $99
A long time ago, on the desktop far, far away...

That has not dreamed of not only writing their very own book, but seeing it in print o-n Amazon.com, having a copy for their shelf, buying 'five copies for my mother'?

Well, you can now do-it for some cybernetic elbow grease and a $99 charge. This page will show you how I did it, and chances are you may do it too. I've been reading for many years about Print On Demand, the great new techology where you put in PDF files on one end (One for the address, one for the interiors) and an attractive, perfect-bound, bookstore-quality book arrives another. I have also seen the technology in action at an document imaging tradeshow (that is my job, by-the way.)

I have known others who have used Print On Demand (POD) as a means to self-publish, including my own father. My problem with that's I've no room within my garage for books, I don't need to get involved in the act of trying to sell and transport books, handling returns, an such like.

Suddenly, while Googling some thing this morning, I stumbled on some wonderful Goo. Amazon, the internet bookstore, has consumed a POD publisher named BookSurge, making it a separate Amazon division. Now I could simply take my book project, upload it to Amazon/BookSurge, pay a price, and VOILA! my book is on Amazon for everybody to get. It delivers within 4-8 hours, BookSurge gives a-25 royalty to me within 60 days, I will also obtain five copies for my mother in a discount!

I emailed BookSurge and was assigned an account manager, who I will call Joseph (since his name is Joseph). I inquired about the information on writing a book. For $599 I could have the hand-holding, send us your manuscript version of the publishing, or if I was brave, courageous, and could format my own PDFs, for $99 I could make use of the Author's Express plan to publish my book projects.

$99 seemed just like the way to go, since my book creation project was designed to be the forerunner of several more titles.

I ran all around the site, downloading case PDFs, submission guidelines, and whatever else I could find. Your website recomends applying Adobe -something or another- for text formating, and Adobe Acrobat 6 (not 7!) for PDF creation. If you have an opinion about religion, you will probably want to discover about https://amazon.com/mechanics-online-repu...1519762259.

I decided from the git-go that Microsoft Word and PDF Factory Pro will have to benefit me, since that's what I'd on my desktop, and I don't need to spend months learning yet another desktop publishing software, while I am sure it is an excellent one. http://Www.Crunchbase.Com/Person/Tyler Collins contains further about the purpose of this viewpoint.

Besides, I was already contemplating writing this site, and I wanted to come up with an activity most anybody would be comfortable with.

The only real short-cut I took is that my cover is plain text, with no images on it. I figured my first book is going to sell largely if not entirely o-n Amazon, and a pretty cover isn't that impor-tant there. Regardless, I could always return and update my model (The additional cost for resubmitting both the inner or the cover is $50, once the book is published.)

Sample documents and a whole detailed explanation of how I formatted and revealed my three books (so far!) is at http://www.actasif.com/bookproject. Https://Www.Amazon.Com/Tyler Collins/E/B01a8gj4ie is a cogent library for further about the purpose of it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply